The sports betting market is becoming increasingly popular with fans all over the world as a way of adding excitement to their favourite games. But if you’re new to betting, it can be difficult to know where to start, and when you’re playing with your own money, it helps to have a bit of knowledge behind you to help. So read on as we take a closer look at the best prop bets you can choose from and how to find the best bets for you.
What are the Most Popular Prop Bets ?
Prop bets are individual bets that you can place on a game or competition that are not based on the outcome of the game but on the players themselves. You can place prop bets in almost any sport, whether that’s NBA, NFL, NHL, or soccer.
These bets tend to include a range of options, for example, how many points or touchdowns a player will score or how many assists they may get in a game. We’ll take a look at some of the most popular types of props betting below.
- Player props: Player props are just like we mentioned above, and there is such a diverse range of bets that you can place alongside points and assists scored. For example, who’s going to catch the first pass of an NFL game, or who’s going to get a yellow card in a soccer game? This is one of the best things about props betting, and you can create your own unique parlay and bet in a way that suits you.
- Game props: Just like player props, this type of props refers to what is going to happen in a particular game. For example, in NFL, some of the most popular and common props bets you’ll see include which team will score first, which team will reach a certain number of points first, etc. There are so many props that you can choose from when watching your favourite sports to make it even more entertaining.
- Novelty props: If you’re looking for something a little less serious to get you started, novelty props may be the best choice for you! They tend to pop up during big events, for example, the Super Bowl, and could be anything from who will win the coin toss to what colour shirt a coach will wear. They tend to not be a part of the game, but things that people might notice.
How to Choose a Props Bet
So, how do you choose the best props bets to help you win? There are a few factors that you should think about, and we’ll take a closer look at these below.
- Knowledge: of course, it helps to have a bit of knowledge on the sport that you’re betting on – this can increase your chances of winning and allow you to make sensible betting decisions.
- Odds: Make sure that you check the odds of each bet that you’re placing; this way, you can get a better idea of whether you’re getting good value for money.
- Payout: You should make sure you work out how much money will be paid out to you if your bet is successful. This can also help you to determine how much money you’re willing to risk.
Props bets are a good place to start if you’re looking to be more engaged in your favourite sports games – this type of bet gives you the option to bet on individual aspects of the game or achievements of a player or add them to a parlay which means you can take advantage of a versatile way to bet.